Here are some of the things to look out for and make sure you are getting what you pay for
Here are some of the things to look out for and make sure you are getting what you pay for:
1) Go and see your web designer face to face, avoid meeting in pubs, restaurants etc. You need to know that the company you are giving your money to is reputable. At Pebble you can come to our office either in Peterborough or St Albans, meet the team and meet the actual designers and developers that will be working on your web design project.
2) Don’t be afraid to ask to see examples of previous work, a good Web Design agency will have lots of examples Even though we don’t show our entire portfolio on our website (not enough space) we are more than happy to show you over 400 examples of Web Design and development projects we have completed, we are also happy for you to speak to any of our clients about their experiences of working with Pebble.
3) Should you be worried about dealing with one man bands or freelance developers? This would be a judgment only you can make, most freelancers or “one-man” bands are excellent in both technical skills and support but do bear in mind that if they decide on a change of career or a holiday you may find yourself stuck in a bit of a situation if something goes wrong. Pebble is an established company (since 2007) with dedicated developers and support structure in place.
4) Should a Web Design agency supply SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) in the cost? Some web design agencies supply limited SEO with a website but this is likely to be some on-page SEO rather than off page Search Engine Optimisation. For any website to be a success it needs to rank well on search engines such as Google and Bing. Pebble provide on page SEO with all websites free of charge, Pebble also provide off-page SEO and can provide prices on request
5) How much should I pay for a Web Design? This would vary and we would definitely recommend you shop around and visit different Web Design agencies. You should call up web designers to ask the questions that are important to you and your project. If you are looking for a basic brochure website you should budget between £300 – £1000 but this would depend on your exact requirements, as an example you may want a website logo designing, Photography or Copywriting done on your website, these types of requirements could incur additional charges so it is well worth you taking your time choosing the right Web Design Agency.
For more information about Web Design for your project or business please contact us for a chat on 01733 902070 or email us via our contact form.