Adding 301 redirects are essential for maintaining links that are both in and out of your control. Recently we launched a new website which we built in Magento and we wanted to ensure that any pages from the existing platform was handled correctly.
Follow these steps below to add a 301 redirect.
- Login to your Magento administration area
- Choose "Catalog" > "URL Rewrite Management"
- Click "Add URL Rewrite" (On the top right)
- Choose "Custom" from the dropdownlist
- "ID Path" - Enter the old URL
- "Request Path" - Enter the old URL
- "Target Path" - Enter the new URL
- Choose 301 redirect from the dropdownlist
- You can also enter any notes for this URL e.g Redirect from old website
You can also use this method to add temporary redirects as well.
Magento is an open source ecommerce solution available to web professionals. For more information about technical terms we have used please visit our Jargon Buster.
For more information about using Magento as an ecommerce solution please contact us